Monday, April 11, 2011

Bad luck first, good luck later.

For those of you unaware, I'll be sailing across the Pacific Ocean from Hawai'i to Vancouver in July, on an environmental crusade to film a documentary about marine debris. I thought I'd get my sailing skills up to scratch before I go, I didn't expect my first day to be quite so eventful.





 One minute into the race there was a major collision with one boat t-boning my mate Ben's lovely new boat Brigus. It was a monster bingle that resulted in the boat sinking by the time we got it back to the jetty. It was pretty gnarly.






I don't know sailing superstition but I'm hoping this means it will be all smooth sailing when I hit the North Pacific??


Read more about my upcoming adventure and donate online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment